Create PDF Files in SOLIDWORKS PDM Without SolidWorks!
EPDM Print to PDF Task Add-in is a SOLIDWORKS PDM Pro task add-in that prints files to a PDF printer. It currently uses Bullzip PDF Printer. There are two versions of the add-in; Basic (free), and Standard (paid). Microsoft Office files (Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint) are handled natively and the PDF printer is not required. (It does need to be installed, however.)
- Creates PDFs from virtually any application.
- Print PDFs outside of the vault.
- Print secondary PDFs outside the vault.
- Relative paths for PDFs.
- PDF security.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint specific.
- Duplicate file name handling.
- Create references.
- Custom menu command.
- Update variables data card.
- Combine PDF files
- Watermark PDFs
There are evaluation versions listed below. The evaluation versions will run for 250 license validations/PDF generations or 30 days. Once you make your payment a license code will be emailed to you. You may also contact your SolidWorks VAR if you do not wish to purchase a license online.
Note: The free version is not being supported and developed as of September 2014.
Download the trial version: EPDMPrintToPDF_Ver208 (439 downloads)
Upgrades are $195 for the next major version of PDM.
- SolidWorks EPDM/PDM Pro 2015 or greater.
- Bullzip PDF Printer. (For non-MS Office files.)
- The default application that prints the file sent to the task must be installed on the computer that will be running the task.
- .NET 4
Quick installation instructions:
- Open the cex file and drag and drop the add-in to your vault.
- Right click on Tasks in the administration tool and select ‘New Task’.
- Select EPDMPrintToPDFTaskAddin in the Add-in combobox.
- Select the computers that will support the task. If you haven’t set up Task Host Configuration, select Task Host Configuration from the EPDM icon in the notification area. Once done, press the Refresh List button in the addin setup page. Press next.
- Enter your Bullzip PDF Printer name and enter the path to save the PDFs in.
- Press OK.
- Now, either setup your workflow to add the task to a transition, or right click on a file and select Print to Bullzip PDF.
- That’s it!