Create PDF Files in SOLIDWORKS PDM Without SolidWorks!
EPDM Print to PDF Task Add-in is a SOLIDWORKS PDM Pro task add-in that prints files to a PDF printer. It currently uses Bullzip PDF Printer. There are two versions of the add-in; Basic (free), and Standard (paid). Microsoft Office files (Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint) are handled natively and the PDF printer is not required. (It does need to be installed, however.)
- Creates PDFs from virtually any application.
- Print PDFs outside of the vault.Provides the ability to print PDFs outside of the vault.
- Print secondary PDFs outside the vault.Provides the ability to print secondary PDFs in or outside of the vault.
- Relative paths for PDFs.Relative paths from the source or destination file for secondary files.
- PDF security.Ability to permit or deny PDF security, including self-expiring documents.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint specific.Special handling for Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint files.
- Duplicate file name handling.Includes duplicate file name handling.
- Create references.Create a reference from the destination file to the source file.
- Custom menu command.Option to display a menu command or not, with custom text.
- Update variables data card.Update variables in the output file's data card.
- Combine PDF filesCombine all PDF files from the task to one file.
- Watermark PDFsApply watermarks to the output PDF files.
There are evaluation versions listed below. The evaluation versions will run for 250 license validations/PDF generations or 30 days. Once you make your payment a license code will be emailed to you. You may also contact your SolidWorks VAR if you do not wish to purchase a license online.
Note: The free version is not being supported and developed as of September 2014.
Download the trial version: [download id=”13859″]
Upgrades are $195 for the next major version of PDM.
- SolidWorks EPDM/PDM Pro 2015 or greater.
- Bullzip PDF Printer. (For non-MS Office files.)
- The default application that prints the file sent to the task must be installed on the computer that will be running the task.
- .NET 4
Quick installation instructions:
- Open the cex file and drag and drop the add-in to your vault.
- Right click on Tasks in the administration tool and select ‘New Task’.
- Select EPDMPrintToPDFTaskAddin in the Add-in combobox.
- Select the computers that will support the task. If you haven’t set up Task Host Configuration, select Task Host Configuration from the EPDM icon in the notification area. Once done, press the Refresh List button in the addin setup page. Press next.
- Enter your Bullzip PDF Printer name and enter the path to save the PDFs in.
- Press OK.
- Now, either setup your workflow to add the task to a transition, or right click on a file and select Print to Bullzip PDF.
- That’s it!
There are no reviews yet.